Support the John Rylands Research Institute
Philanthropic support makes a real difference to what we can achieve.
It allows us to preserve items of great historic value, uncover hidden truths within the Library’s Special Collections, and translate our findings into useful insights for the present day.
From the identification of a 1,500-year-old papyrus charm, thought to be the first ever to refer the Last Supper and use magic in a Christian context, to the surfacing of hundreds of William Blake engravings, we combine interdisciplinary research with international collaboration in the pursuit of knowledge.
Your contribution could go towards:
- nurturing the next generation of world-leading researchers, and enabling more people to access our collections
- conserving our ancient collection of papyri, and using spectral imaging to reveal hidden texts within the items
- exploring areas such as the Hebrew, Chinese, Persian and Early Printed Collections or the Medical Printed Collections
- investigations into our remarkable visual collections, including glass lantern slides
- digitising and exhibiting our extensive collections of maps and atlases.
To learn more about the impact of gifts at all levels, current and emerging priorities, and to discuss how your support can accelerate our progress, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)161 306 3619.