Books and book reviews
The latest books, editorial contributions and book reviews by JRRI researchers.
- Keim, K. Pirqei deRabbi Eliezer: Structure, Coherence, Intertextuality. AJEC 96. Leiden: Brill, 2017.
- Pormann, P. A Descriptive Catalogue of the Hebrew Manuscripts of Corpus Christi College, Oxford (Cambridge: DS Brewer), x, 122 pp (2015)
- Smithuis, R and Alexander, PS (eds). From Cairo to Manchester: Studies in the Rylands Genizah Fragments. Journal of Semitic Studies Supplement 31. Oxford: Oxford University Press (2013). eScholarID:205924
- Impens, F “Review of Irene Angelis’s The Japanese Effect in Contemporary Irish Poetry, Palgrave, (2012)”, Irish Review 49-50, (January 2015)
- Impens, F. “Findings”, review of What We Found There: Poets Respond to the Treasures of the National Museum of Ireland, ed. Theo Dorgan (Dedalus Press, 2013), in Trumpet 3, Poetry Ireland Literary Pamphlet (December 2014)
- Impens, F. “Friends and Elegies”, review of Michael Longley’s The Stairwell, London: Cape (2014), Dublin Review of Books 60 (October 2014)
- Impens, F. “I Made a Posy, While the Day Ran By”, review of John Drury’s Music at Midnight: The Life and Poetry of George Herbert, London: Allen Lane (2013), Dublin Review of Books 53, 7 (April 2014)
- Impens, F. Review of Iain Twiddy’s Pastoral Elegy in Contemporary British and Irish Poetry (London: Continuum, 2012), Irish Studies Review22:2 (April 2014)
- Impens, F. Review of Carmen Bugan’s Seamus Heaney and East European Poetry in Translation: Poetics of Exile, London: Modern Humanities Research Association and Maney Publishing (2013), Irish Studies Review 22:1 (February 2014)
- Impens, F. “Rebroadcast Voices”, review of Derek Mahon’s Echo’s Grove (2013), Dublin Review of Books 45 (18 November 2013). Reprinted with permission by The Poetry Daily (November 2013)
- Marple, A. Review of MARGÓCSY Daniel. Commercial visions: science, trade, and visual culture in the Dutch Golden Age, Archives of Natural History, Volume 43 Issue 2, Page 371-372, ISSN 0260-9541 Available Online Oct 2016.
- O'Daly, I. Review of The Classics in the Medieval and Renaissance Classroom: The Role of Ancient Text in the Arts Curriculum as Revealed by Surviving Manuscripts and Early Printed Books, ed. J Feros Ruys, JO Ward, M Heyworth, in Quaerendo, 45/2, 171-3 (2015)